GIROUX ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING
Laurie Giroux is the Director and Business Owner of Giroux Environmental Consulting, located in Ottawa, Ontario. She is a professional environmental consultant with over 21 years of experience in the environmental sector. Her expertise includes subjects such as: circular economy, waste management, recycling, Extended Producer Responsibility, chemicals in products, hazardous waste, environmental indicators, natural resource use, and sustainable communities. Ms. Giroux has a Master’s Degree in Environmental Studies from Dalhousie University, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Environment and Resource Studies from Trent University.
Giroux Environmental Consulting offers professional services in:
- Environmental policy and program research and analysis;
- Best practice scans of both Canadian and international programs, policies, and regulations;
- Detailed reviews of environmental regulations and gap assessments;
- Technical writing of environmental program profiles, strategic plans, action plans, or guidance documentation;
- Report writing for both public and internal government reports, including for both scientific and policy audiences;
- Developing indicators for environmental progress;
- Assisting governments with stakeholder engagement and synthesis of stakeholder feedback;
- Development of recommendations for government decision-makers including municipal, provincial, territorial, federal and inter-jurisdictional governing bodies.
Giroux Environmental Consulting partners with professionals across the country with complimentary expertise including: climate change adaptation and greenhouse gas verification, freshwater management, municipal infrastructure, stakeholder facilitation, strategic planning and environmental engineering. See our Consulting Team Associates page for additional details and a listing of associates we collaborate with.